Purpose: The Denver Public Schools Bond Oversight Committee is a group of community members appointed by the superintendent and school board to monitor and advise the school district in the effective, efficient and appropriate use of general obligation bond funds approved by Denver voters on Nov. 8, 2016.
- Oversee and review bond construction projects to ensure that they align with what was approved by voters and the school board.
- Committee chairs will work with district staff to provide reports to school board members on the spending and progress of the bond.
- To represent the work of the committee within the community.
- Review and advise on DPS recommendations for the use of bond savings.
- Review and advise on DPS recommendations for project changes.
Public Comment: Each committee meeting will reserve up to 10 minutes at the start for public comment. Speakers are limited to 2 minutes each and should email Dustin Kress (firstname.lastname@example.org) 24 hours in advance to be added to the speaker list. If more than 5 speakers have requested time, later speakers will be scheduled for the following oversight meeting.
Wednesday April 10th, 2019
Prior Meetings and Materials
– March 15: Kickoff Meeting
– April 26: Financial Update, MWBE Overview, Heat Mitigation
– June 14: Quality Learning Environments
– Aug. 8: Bus Tour
– Feb. 14: Roles and Responsibilities Conversation
– Mar. 14: Committee Dashboard Discussion
– April 11: MyTech Update
– May 9: Safety Update
– Aug. 29: Summer Project Review
– Sept. 12: Committee Dashboard Review
– Oct 10: Committee Dashboard Review
– Nov. 14: Committee Dashboard Review
– Nov 28: Bond Premium Discussion
– Dec. 12: Bond Premium Public Comment
– Dec. 19: Bond Premium Work Session and Recommendations
– Jan. 9 2019: Bond Premium Debrief and Committee Dashboard Discussion
• Al Habercorn
• Colleen Kazemi
• Diana Romero Campbell
• Halisi Vinson
• Kim Desmond (co-chair)
• Luchia Brown
• Melissa Rosas
• Rocio Perez
• Russell Welch (co-chair)
• Tom Migaki
• Tony Curcio
• Andrea Steffanich